BENEFITS OF OATS
Today I come to tell you about the benefits of Oats. Oatmeal, for me the main food of my breakfasts, this cereal has been my ally when it comes to losing weight.
Oatmeal has been consumed for many years, it is a very versatile food when it comes to cooking and including it in our day-to-day life, whether when grown-up or as children. It can be consumed in smoothies, pancakes, porridge, salads, cookies, cakes…. It has many benefits, here are a few.
Benefits of oats:
- Low in calories, which makes it essential when it comes to losing weight.
- It gives you satiety and controls your appetite thanks to slow-absorbing carbohydrates.
- Low in fat, high in fiber.
- Relieves constipation thanks to its soluble and insoluble fiber content.
- It is one of the carbohydrates with more protein
- Its glycemic load is low, so it stabilizes blood sugar since glucose does not rise sharply
- Its magnesium content is high, this mineral controls insulin
- High in antioxidants that reduce the risk of heart disease (HT, heart attack, and arteriosclerosis)
- It is a diuretic, it helps fluid retention.
- Keeps cholesterol under control thanks to the amino acids it has,
- It prevents cancer-related hormones, such as breast cancer by containing lignans and phytoestrogens.
- It is purifying. Its amino acids stimulate the liver to purify toxins from the body. Something very beneficial for fibromyalgia.
- It prevents thyroid problems, especially hypothyroidism thanks to iodine.
- Prevent osteoporosis
- During pregnancy, it is highly recommended because it helps the development of the fetus
- Provides beneficial vitamins and minerals during the period. It is rich in magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron, vitamins B1, B2, and vitamin E.
As you can see, there are many benefits of oatmeal, some of them you will notice quickly, such as losing weight, controlling appetite, relieving constipation … I encourage you to incorporate it and notice those benefits yourself.
Do not forget to also give it to your children instead of other sugary cereals.