Maintaining a positive state of mind generates numerous benefits: it improves our quality of life, enhances our health, allows us to adequately cope with adverse situations, and favors our feeling of satisfaction, among others.
However, our mood can be affected by different reasons such as stress, routine, confinement, and uncertainty. These sudden mood swings often impact our emotions and even our physique.
Therefore, it is important to know different strategies that will help us renew energy and lift our mood in a few minutes.
Here are some of them:
- Smile: smiling can modify our response to stress in difficult situations.
- Exercise: by putting our body in motion we release hormones related to pleasure and happiness, obtaining a feeling of well-being and an increase in energy.
- Focus on the Good Things: in general, our brain tends to look for those things that coincide with our emotional state. To change this trend, think about 10 positive things that you have done or that have happened to you.
- Live in the Present: avoid thinking about those situations that generate anxiety and focus on the here and now.
- Get in Touch with Nature: closing our eyes and smelling a flower or stopping to observe a plant are small actions that will allow us to “reset” our minds and connect with ourselves.
Putting these tips into practice will allow you to change your mood, control your emotions and focus on what is worthwhile.