Perhaps, you are one of those who spend the day pecking, it is something very common.
I know women who apart from 3 meals and 2 snacks, from time to time, in between, snack on something, there is always something else to put in their mouths.
Eating little but often has become so ingrained that in my opinion, we already overindulge.
Put yourself in a situation, you are sitting, bored, you do not know what to do and suddenly, you get hungry, very hungry, so much that you would eat anything.
This hunger appears out of boredom, other times it is simply that we crave something specific (psychological hunger ) and it can also occur because we have not ingested enough nutrients in previous meals. But it can even appear if you don’t rest well.
Feeling of Hunger from Boredom.
If in your case it is because you have nothing to do or it is just because you want to eat something without more, I would advise intermittent fasting.
I was one of those that if I didn’t eat every 3 hours, I felt like dying. My strength failed me, I felt down, I got dizzy … I was unable to control it.
Also, when I felt hungry I looked at the clock and just, it was about 3 hours since the last meal.
When I started fasting, the first days were tough, but soon my body adapted and understood that I am strong and able to skip a meal without any side effects. Now I can wait between one meal and another, spending more than 3 hours and not hungry.
Don’t worry, if you don’t seem capable of trying fasting, or you’ve tried it and haven’t succeeded, here are 5 tricks that will help you cope and eliminate the feeling of hunger between meals.
1. Drink Water:
- It is the main component of our body, so you have to drink it often to replenish it.
- Water helps you eliminate toxins, hydrate you inside but also outside, and also helps you have a greater feeling of satiety.
- By drinking more water and increasing that satiety, you will eat less.
- At this point, I want to emphasize that only water and infusions are included. Nothing of any other drink.
2. Bye Bye Sugar
- Sugar makes you want to eat more and more. You have to always control the hidden sugar and its different names in food. To do this, reading the labels can help you a lot.
- When you eat a product with a lot of sugar, your blood glucose rises quickly and then drops suddenly.
- This causes 2 × 3 hunger to appear.
3. Eat More Protein
- I will not tire of repeating it. Protein helps you stay more satiated. Include protein in all your meals, even breakfast. If you are one of those who has a toast with tomato and a coffee for breakfast, go ahead and add some ham and cheese, a boiled egg, or tuna. You will see the difference throughout the morning.
- If you can’t figure out what to eat for breakfast, I have a post with quick and easy ideas.
4. Chew Gum:
- If you are aware that you are bored and hungry, first drink water and then chew gum.
- The first is because sometimes the brain sends you the hunger signal when it wants to send you the thirst signal, but the poor thing gets confused, so understand it and try to see if it was thirst what you had.
- If not, chewing gum helps calm anxiety and boredom, sometimes you just want to have something in your mouth and be chewing.
- It is not that way you will stay without the hunger for another 2 or 3 hours, but you will be able to forget about it for a long time.
5. Play Sports:
- Did you think the solution was just food?
- Well no, playing sports helps you stay satisfied longer.
- Sport puts you in a good mood thanks to the endorphins and serotonin that are released while you do it.
- These hormones make you feel happier and more motivated because if you want to lose weight, after breaking a sweat while exercising, you don’t really want to eat and throw everything away.
6. Increase Fiber:
- As with protein, it is a nutrient that helps you stay full longer by keeping your blood glucose stable.
- I have found my perfect breakfast including oatmeal and egg. As soon as they are like pancakes, a sponge cake, a mug cake …. But always, that it includes these ingredients and I notice it a lot when I don’t have breakfast like that.
- Lack of sleep causes the hunger hormone to increase, so you will go through the day hungry.
- If you get out of bed straight out of bed hungry, it may be because you didn’t get proper rest.
- Make sure you get 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Try not to go to bed after dinner, allowing at least 2 hours between dinner and bedtime.
These habits, in addition to mitigating constant hunger, help you lose weight.