Something that you have asked me a lot is examples of healthy menus that are cooked quickly and easily.
And here I bring you a very complete daily healthy menu, which includes all the groups of nutrients.
It is a daily menu that can be cooked at the moment, because it does not take much time either, but you can also do it on meal prep Sunday (or the day you have decided to do it), and thus it will take you even less time.
Here I go with the healthy menu:
Breakfast: night oatmeal
- In a glass jar add:
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 2/3 milk or vegetable drink
- 1 tablespoon of flax or chia
- A few drops of vanilla
- Leave overnight in the fridge.
Food: Quinoa cooked with sauteed vegetables and chopped nuts.
- Cook the Quinoa: Wash and drain the quinoa well to remove the saponins (a poison) and the bitterness that the quinoa has. In a saucepan add a cup of quinoa for 2 cups of water. Add salt and spices that you like the most. Cumin can do well here. Cook it over low heat for 15 minutes. To cool it down, don’t run it over the tap, just spread it out well on a tray so the grains don’t cake.
- While the quinoa is on the fire, you can dice half a zucchini, a carrot, red and yellow bell pepper, finely chopped onion, and mushrooms. Pimenta salt and make the sofrito, and when they left little add chopped almonds, leaving it a few minutes to crisp up.
- If you add a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar to the vegetables while they fry, it gives them a very special touch.
- Once the vegetables are ready, mix them with the quinoa.
- If you want, for a higher protein content you can also add boiled egg or chicken, for example.
Dinner: Salmon Accompanied By Cherry Tomato Salad And Wild Asparagus.
- Add nutmeg to the salmon before doing it, this gives it a very rich flavor. Grill it in a pan with very little oil, just enough so that it doesn’t stick.
- Meanwhile prepare a salad with the cherry tomatoes and canned wild asparagus, season with very little oil, salt, and garlic powder or minced.
As I said at the beginning, if you want to have this healthy menu prepared in advance, you can have ready the sautéed or roasted vegetables, the cooked quinoa, and even the salmon made and well stored in the Tupperware.
In this way, what can take you about 20 or 30 minutes, in the case of lunch or 10 minutes for dinner if you decide to cook it at the time, can take you 5 minutes each meal if you have it prepared beforehand.
Then it is to assemble the plate as you wish and to eat.
And if you repeat this menu 2 or 3 days a week, the cooking time is reduced, this is the magic of meal prep, reducing the time spent in the kitchen and increasing free time during the week.