The definitive guide to lose weight, fat and speed up your metabolism.
Surely you have searched a thousand times for a way to lose weight without success. That you have tried all the existing diets to achieve it, but still you cannot.
I’m sure that what I’m going to tell you next, they haven’t told you anywhere.
And it is that losing weight or gaining weight always go hand in hand with metabolism.
By metabolism we mean the calories our body burns to keep us alive.
And that metabolism depends on:
- A hereditary and genetic component
- Your way of eating
- Age and gender
- Amount of muscle mass
- Hormonal function
- Daily activity level, habits, …
How to calculate basal metabolism?
The basal metabolism is what our body uses while we breathe and live, simply.
You can calculate it with the Harris-Benedict equation.
For women it is as follows:
BMR = (10 x weight in kg) + (6.25 x height in cm) – (5 x age) -161
Over the years, the metabolism slows down. In particular 5 – 10% slower per decade.
This is because as we age, we lose muscle mass and increase the percentage of body fat.
But do not worry, you can counteract subtracting if you watch your diet. Also, if strength training or weights are incorporated into the routine, it can be accelerated.
There Are Two Types Of Metabolism:
A slow metabolism will cause you to gain body fat easily, constant fatigue, lack of energy, constant cold and accumulate more fat in the legs and hips.
A fast metabolism ensures that our energy levels are high, it helps us sleep better. It allows you to build strong muscles, improve mood, control blood sugar, improve tension, and lose fat.
How many calories do you need?
Now you know what your metabolism uses and you will say, okay, now what?
Now, guess the calories you need to consume to lose weight.
You just have to multiply the result that the equation gave you before, your basal metabolism, by a number that is related to your physical activity.
- Little or no exercise: BMR x 1.2
- Light exercise (1-3 days a week): BMR x 1,375
- Moderate activity (3-5 days a week): BMR x 1.55
- Strong exercise (6-7 days a week): BMR x 1,725
- Very strong sport or activity (twice a day, very hard workouts): BMR x 1.9
If you are here it is because you want to lose weight, then you should consume a little fewer calories than these equations have given you.
But let’s face it, you sure don’t feel like calculating calories and such right now. Truth? If you have already dieted, then you will be tired of it and starving.
If you want to count calories, great because it is a method that does not fail. If you don’t feel like doing it, you can follow the following weight-loss guide to make it easier for you.
This complete guide of foods and tips will help you accelerate the metabolism in a natural and healthy way, it will also make you lose weight and fat.
But remember, none of this works miracles if you do not complement it with a more careful diet and the practice of exercising.
Foods That You Should Include In Your Day To Day To Lose Weight Effectively:
Many people believe that eating healthy is eating boring and bland, but it is not like that, for that we have the spices.
Spices, apart from giving flavor, help us to accelerate the metabolism and as a consequence, lose weight.
The ones that help you the most are:
- Cinnamon: lowers the level of glucose in the blood and consequently insulin. Which makes it ideal for losing fat. Add them to pancakes, porridge oatmeal, French toast, or any other meal. It is delicious and goes well with many recipes.
- Ginger: it is a diuretic and improves cholesterol. It also improves digestion.
- Cayenne pepper: thanks to capsaicin it has a great thermogenic effect and helps to oxidize fat, in addition to controlling appetite.
- The mustard seeds: ideal to speed up metabolism and lose weight.
- The pepper, spicy like, has a thermal effect.
High in flavonoid naringin, which helps the liver metabolize fat better.
High in antioxidants, it prevents cancer, reduces cholesterol, and of course increases metabolism, increases fat oxidation, and raises energy levels.
Apart from being very low in calories, they increase satiety and the high number of antioxidants that it has makes the metabolism increase
Improves the hormonal environment, helps fat loss by accelerating metabolism
Lowers blood pressure, controls blood glucose and insulin levels, and also improves metabolism, and helps to lose fat
Although it contains a lot of fats, these are healthy fats and they help you lose weight and fat and also speed up your metabolism. It is high in fiber, low in cholesterol. It also has protein and vitamin E.
Thanks to the antioxidants they contain, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries help you increase metabolism.
Start the day by burning fat:
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you get up, to detoxify and hydrate the body.
- Eat breakfast: your breakfast should include protein (egg, chicken …), complex carbohydrates (oatmeal, quinoa, sweet potato, brown rice crackers …).
- If you can, do cardiovascular fasting for 45 minutes, but only if you are 100% healthy, if you have any problems better leave it for after breakfast.
With these three things active, fat oxidation will help you lose weight and have energy.
Tips to lose fat:
- Base your diet on 85-90% natural foods, combined with complex carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Eat about5 times a day, but small portions.
- Make sure all your meals have protein. This will fill you up and speed up your metabolism.
- Include healthy fats in all your meals, believe it or not, they help you lose fat.
- If you eat fruit, do it for breakfast or mid-morning. Fructose makes you increase fat if you consume them in excess and at the wrong times. Remember that the body stores sugar in the form of glycogen in the liver or muscle. But not so with fructose, which would only accumulate in the liver. At night those glycogen stores are more than likely full, so any excess turns into fat and goes directly to adipose tissue.
- Include complex carbohydrates, such as oatmeal, sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, and banana, but never at dinner.
- Substitute table salt or common salt for Himalayan pink salt: You already know how important it is to reduce salt. An excess generates problems such as high blood pressure, kidney disease, swelling, loss of calcium, cellulite. For this reason, I recommend you change it to pink salt, which contains less sodium and provides other minerals such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
What to drink
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day and also drink 500 ml before meals to help you reduce food intake and quench the thirst that is sometimes mistaken for hunger.
- Drink coffee: caffeine increases adrenaline and helps to release fatty acids from adipose tissue, and thus use that fat as a source of energy. It also increases metabolism and caloric expenditure, so you will burn more fat. Of course, do not spend the day with a cup of coffee in hand. Do not drink more than 2 cups a day and try not to add sugar or milk. If you have high blood pressure, follow your doctor’s recommendations.
- Train with weights, these will not make you very muscular. What they will do is help that created muscle burn more fat, speeding up metabolism. And combine it with cardiovascular exercise.